Friday, April 23, 2010

ITS FRIDAY AND I WANT A COCKTAIL NOW!

Its Friday and its been 5 days since I've had a drink. Fridays are the day that I feel no guilt for starting my drinking festivities. It's 4pm and I'm still in my pajamas writing this blog and I'm worried about this weekend.

I still can't figure out why I can't give up drinking. I'm a hyperactive extrovert and know that I don't need liquid courage to socialize... So why do I still choose to drink? Is it the belly bulge which I can't seem to lose something that I want to hold on to? Is it the dry skin, cotton mouth, and bloodshot eyes in the morning something that I like looking at? Or is it due to all the great memories that I CAN'T EVEN REMEMBER because I'm prone to blackouts? Or maybe, just maybe its because of all those times that I woke up in someones bed with no idea how I even fucking got there. (that never happens by the way.)

I blame commercials. Look at all the beer commercials where watching sports and getting wasted go hand in hand. Look at the commercials where a sexy guy and girl and connect eyes and all of a sudden a bottle of vodka appears. Or even that one commercial where this fun group of 20something year olds go sliding down a hill on plastic tarps while inebriated. What they forget to mention is that someone probably ended up in the hospital from smashing into a tree, someone got arrested for ending up naked wrapped up in plastic, and there was probably a bunch of blacked out unprotected sex that happened afterwards.

Anyways, I have a date tonight playing darts at a boys house... so we'll see how that goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment